How we can help you obtain a South Africa Short Term Work Visa
Consultation by face to face meeting, Skype or telephone
Advice on the correct category of working visa
Checklist of visa requirements
Preparation of supporting documents
Assistance with preparation of a first application at the embassy or an extension in South Africa
Discussions on alterative visa options and future visa strategy
Foreign nationals coming to South Africa for employment related actives for a period of 3 months or less can apply for a short term working visa. The visa is commonly referred to as a Section 11(2) visa or short term business visa. Regulations of this visa are commonly amended by the Department and each embassy has different requirements and processing times. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact us to discuss their application when contemplating an application for this category of visa.
The Act and Regulations also makes specific provision for foreign nationals undertaking short term work related to:
- films and advertisements produced in South Africa, including, actors, cameramen, hairstylists, make-up artists, lighting and sound engineers
- a foreign journalist seconded to SA by a foreign news agency
- a visiting professor or lecturer or an academic researcher
- an artist who wishes to write, paint or sculpt
- a person involved in the entertainment industry, travelling through the Republic to perform
- a tour leader or host of such a tour
We have advised international applicants in the above categories including, American studios who have filmed movies and series in South Africa, international ad agencies and circuses.